NEWS FLASH - 1 JUNE 2020
The Practice has new guidelines in operation to help keep us all safe from Covid 19.
NOBODY WILL BE ADMITTED WITHOUT A PRIOR APPOINTMENT.
Thank you for your attention,
Nicola Beet, Podiatrist
HCPC Registered Podiatrist & Chiropodist, Morecambe, nr. Lancaster, Lancs
The titles of Podiatrist and Chiropodist are interchangeable. However, in the last 20 years the Chiropody profession has expanded its scope of practice. As well as traditional chiropodial problems such as corns and ingrowing toe nails, we can also assess the following:
- walking / running problems (biomechanics) in adults and children
- prescribing foot orthoses
- carry out nail surgery under a local anaesthetic for ingrowing toe nails
- provide foot care and education for Diabetic patients, who have to look after their feet
- acupuncture for the foot and lower limb pain
- foot and ankle mobilisation and manipulation
The Podiatry Practice has been accredited by The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
M.Ch.S: Member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists - our professional body.
D.Pod.M: Diploma in Podiatric Medicine from Huddersfield School of Chiropody as it was then, 1988.
M.Sc: Master of Science in Podiatric Biomechanics, 2004 - the study of human gait, i.e. the way we walk.
Practice accreditation scheme
The practice has been accredited by The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists to show that a high standard of professional practice is being achieved.